This post may contain affiliate links, if you'll make a purchase, we may earn some commission without extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting.
Nowadays, it is very difficult to take care of skin properly. The majority of people face major problems of skin like acne and blackheads because of stressful life and polluted environment.
The presence or marks and spots even damage skin make your skin unattractive. “Prevention is better than cure” try to prevent your skin from damage and make your skin healthy, glowy and brighter by the use of natural remedies instead of costly treatments.
In this we’ll discuss the following topics:
- Everything you need to know about blackheads
- 18 effective home remedies to get rid of blackheads
- Amazing cream to remove blackheads fast from your skin
Let’s get started…
During teenage, many androgens and oil-producing hormones produce in high levels. In our skin pores, these oil-producing hormones (Sebum) and few dead cells of skin exposed to oxygen where they become solidify and turns into black color (hard “cap”). It mainly happens due to the bad eating routine.
The other names for blackheads are acne zits and pimples.
Cause of Blackheads
If you want to remove blackheads effectively, it is important to know the cause of blackheads. There are various factors that play role in causing blackheads.
- Regular use of makeup products and other cosmetics you put on the skin
- Excessive scrubbing on skin
- Less water intake
- Unhealthy diet
- Bad hygiene
- Change in hormones
- High production of body oil
- Development of Propionibacterium, acne bacteria on skin
- Regular use of drugs which are packed with androgens and lithium
There are many prescribed creams and medicines through which we can treat our skin problems. But there are several natural home remedies which are very effective and inexpensive and you can easily apply at home in order to get rid of blackheads.
Exfoliate your dead skin
Before using any home remedy for blackheads, it’s important to exfoliate your dead skin first. Skin becomes more bright and pores will be opened and you can easily get rid of blackheads. But If you don’t remove your dead skin the pores will be clogged and thus blackheads will form on your skin. So, it’s important to cleanse your skin twice a week with a good cleanser.
19 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads
Here are home remedies, you can use to get rid of blackheads:
The best method to get rid of blackheads is a facial stream.
- Streaming not only unclogged pores but it also softens blackheads and dead skin cells.
- Remove dirt, traces of makeup, the sebaceous secretion.
- Boil water in small pan.
- Add some herbs like mint, cinnamon etc or you can use simple water.
- Stand directly in the stream.
- Cover your head with the towel.
- Keeping stream from escaping.
- After 10-15 minute remove the towel.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
This is very simple and effective home remedy to get rid of blackheads.
- Sodium pyrophosphate in combination with anti-inflammatory silica helps to remove excess calcium which is the main element for acne and blackheads.
- Take little toothpaste on your fingers.
- Rub it slowly on blackheads area for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it with clean water.
- Apply daily to get rid of blackheads naturally and quickly.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemons have different properties which help to get rid of blackheads like:
- Astringent and citric acid properties which help to tighten the skin pores remove dirt and prevent skin from blackheads.
- The acidic property and natural oils help to cleanse oily skin and prevent the skin from bacterial infection.
- The alpha–hydroxy acid which prevents blackhead from forming.
- Take fresh lemon juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in lemon juice.
- Rub it on blackheads area.
- Leave it for 15-20minutes.
- Wash it with clean water.
- Do this procedure twice a week.
- You can use lemon juice in combination with almond oil and glycerine.
Note: It lemon has bleaching property, people who have sensitive skin you can use once a week.
4. Baking Soda
Properties of baking soda are:
- Exfoliates skin leaving it soft and smooth
- Removing dead skin cells, oiliness and dirt.
- Neutralize skin’s pH level.
- An effective cleanser that works without harsh chemicals.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix it properly with water.
- Apply this mixture on blackheads area.
- Massage it for 3-5 minutes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Clean it with warm water.
- If you want to get rid of blackheads fast you need to apply this twice a week.
5. Cumin Powder
Cumin powder is another very effective strategy to get rid of blackheads naturally and quickly.
- Cumin seeds contain many substances which help to prevent skin from different skin problems such as dark circles, acne and blackheads as it contains thymoquinone (TQ) which is anti-inflammatory, Zinc which helps to fight infections.
- It is also rich in anti-bacterial agents.
- Take 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Mix it well.
- Leave this mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Dip a cotton ball in a mixture.
- Apply it on blackhead area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- You can use this procedure once a week.
6. Cinnamon Powder
Cinnamon has three major properties:
- Anti- Bacterial
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in some water.
- Apply the mixture on the blackhead area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- For best result, you can apply this procedure regularly for 10 days.
7. Sugar & Olive Oil Scrub
Both compounds have following properties:
- Remove dead skin cells.
- Unclogs pores
- Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Rub gently on blackhead area for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it once a week or until blackheads completely removed.
Honey is known to be the best compound because it has various properties like anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and antimicrobial agents.
- It also moisturizes skin.
- Give firmness to skin pores.
- Bleaching agent
- Best for oily skin.
- Apply pure honey to the area where blackheads appear.
- Leave it for 10 minutes or until dry.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- You can perform this remedy 2-3 times per week for best result.
Note: You can also add lemon juice in honey.
9. Egg White
You can also use Egg White to get rid of blackheads fast and naturally.
- The lysozyme enzyme is present in egg whites which serve as an astringent which enclose the open pores.
- Several proteins are present remove the excess oil from the skin.
- The protein and amino acids of eggwhite give glow to skin and regenerates dead skin cells
- Take the egg white.
- Add honey.
- Mix it vigorously.
- Apply it on blackheads.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Note: You will obtain best results within a week.
10. Green Tea
Green tea also treats blackheads in a great way.
- It has anti-oxidant agents that help to get rid of dark circles in a natural way.
- Anti-bacterial which kill bacteria that cause acne and blackheads.
- Stops the production of sebum.
- It balances hormones production.
- You need a few green tea extracts.
- Rubbed on blackheads daily for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure for at least 10-15 days and you will have excellent results.
11. Turmeric Powder
Turmeric benefits are:
- Anti-inflammatory has the ability to control or reduce inflammation.
- Anti-coagulant prevent the body from blood clotting.
- Anti- depresent reduces depression and stress.
- Add mint juice in turmeric powder.
- Mix it well.
- Apply it to blackheads.
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Wipe it with a wet cloth or rinse it with warm water.
- To get rid of dark circles you have to use this procedure regularly.
12. Apple & Milk
Following are the properties of apple and milk:
- Rich in anti-oxidant agents which boost immunity.
- Anti-inflammatory property
- Take a medium apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix apple pieces with a half cup of boiled milk.
- Blend it in a blender.
- Apply this mask on the area where blackheads appear.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with clean water.
13. Almond & Honey
Almonds contain vitamins which are the important ingredient for your skin and give a glow to your skin. Using almond & honey mask you can get rid of blackheads and whiteheads. This mask not only unclogged pores but also remove dirt and dead skin cells which are the main cause of blackheads.
- You need is 200 gms of crushed almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix honey properly in crushed almond
- Apply the mixture to blackheads
- Rub that area slowly and then leave it for 5 minutes
- Wash it with clean water
14. Orange Peel & Yogurt
Both compounds are rich in:
- Orange peels are rich in vitamin, calcium, magnesium and potassium which helps to protect skin from damage, stops acne and blackheads growth, regrowth of worn cells, prevent from oxidative stress and hydrate dehydrated skin.
- Yogurt contains live cultures which help to kill bacteria and germs which promote the production of blackheads.
- Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder.
- Mix it with yogurt and make a paste.
- Rub it on the blackheads.
- It will remove all blackheads naturally.
- You can also use lemon powder, cucumber, oatmeal instead of orange.
15. Milk and Salt
Major properties of both compounds are:
- Milk is rich in vitamins, biotin, proteins, lactic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and selenium. All these compounds perform huge roles to get rid of blackheads naturally.
- Salt contains anti-inflammatory property, removes dead skin cell and impurities, absorb oil, dehydrate active bacteria, antiviral and anti-fungal.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1/2 glass of milk.
- Dip cotton balls in this mixture.
- Gently rub it on blackheads or you can also rub it on your full face. because it not only remove blackheads but also give a glow to your skin.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your face with clean water.
Oatmeal in combination with other things is beneficial to reduce inflammation of the skin. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. It looses clogged pores and works as a natural cleanser.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoon tomato and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal to create a paste.
- Scrub it gently on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face clean water.
- Create a mixture of 2 tbsp of oatmeal, 3 tbsp plain yogurt, few drops of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Apply the paste on blackheads.
- Leave it for some time.
- Wash the face with clean water.
17. Castor Oil
In natural oil, castor oil is one of the best oil to treat blackheads it contains omega-9-fatty acid which removes dryness from the skin, it is antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Take few drops of castor oil.
- Massage gently on blackheads for 5 minutes.
- After massage take boil water in a pan.
- Cover your head with a towel.
- Let the skin absorb stream for 4-5 minutes which will remove dirt and open clogged pores.
- Remove the towel and wipe your face with a clean cloth to remove excess oil.
Another best remedy to get rid of blackheads. Carrots are rich in nutrients which help to treat many health problems. One of the rich element is vitamin c which helps to tight astringent pores.It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Apply a small amount of carrot pulp on blackheads.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week.
There are several other techniques through which you can also use to get rid of blackheads,
- Use good company facial scrub once a week to remove dead skin which not only prevents skin from blackheads but it will also remove blackheads which have already formed.
- Use blackheads remover tools.
- Different types of pores strips are present in marketing. You can use these strips to clean pores.
- Use can get rid of blackheads by waxing.
Prevention is better than cure. There are some prevention tips if you follow these tips properly then you will never face any of skin problems.
- Eat healthy Food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Clean your face twice a day.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Remove makeup before going to sleep
- Try to avoid the use of different types of products on your face.
- Don’t rub your face harsh during massage and scrubbing.
- Don’t use oily products on skin.
- Used mild anti-bacterial soap.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week.
Everything you need to get rid blackheads is here. Just apply any remedy that you loved the most.
If you’ve any question in your mind then feel free to ask!