This post may contain affiliate links, if you'll make a purchase, we may earn some commission without extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting.
Everyone love long, thick, shiny and healthy hair. But unfortunately, hair fall is one of the major problems all over the world not only in women but it is also common in men. Everyone wants to get rid of hair fall fast without any side effect.
Are you worried because of hair fall? Sick of trying different chemicals to stop hair fall?
If Yes! Then don’t worry, here in my article, I’ll give you lot of different ideas by which you can’t only get rid of hair fall fast but you can also have long, thick, shiny and healthy hair.
As you know that there are no quick fixes for getting your hair back, but there are several procedures that will help hair to regrow.
Most of the people don’t want to apply any chemicals to their scalp and want to treat scalp with the natural ingredient without any side effect.
In this article, I’ve presented many of the successful remedies and I’m sure that after applying these remedies you would love yourself because long and healthy hair is a dream of every woman.
There are more than 90,000 strands of hair on your scalp. Normally, everyone loses 50 to 100 strands a per day which is normal so you don’t need to worry. You need to be worried if you start losing more than normal hair fall.
Before taking about remedies I want to give some information about hair. So Let’s start with growth stages.
Let’s get started…
Why Does Hair Fall Occur?
It’s important to find out the reason that why you’ve hair fall issue and for that, you need to consult a doctor.
Once you overcome the reason, then there are different natural procedures and home remedies that can help your hair to grow shiny and healthy.
Hair fall can occur due to reasons such as:
- Production of DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
- Environmental effects
- Junk Food
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Hormonal imbalance
- Genetic factors
- Scalp infections
- Using wrong hair products
- Medicines Like Steriods
- Medical issues like thyroid disorder, autoimmune diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), iron-deficiency anemia, and chronic illnesses.
It’s essential to work with the body not against it. We can’t force hair to grow back, only we can do that to keep our body away from several toxins and store several essential nutrients. Once our body balanced the essential nutrients, hair will regrow.
It’s never too late. Just don’t let your lack of hair stop you from living.
Deal with the problem and live your life to the full.
Here are the solutions for you hair fall with no side effects…
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Hair Fall Fast & Naturally
1. Coconut Oil Massage
- Best oil for preventing hair loss.
- Acts as a sealant, prevent hair from dropping its moisture.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil contains antibacterial properties that protect your scalp from several infections and keeps the hair follicles strong.
- Improve blood circulation of the scalp.
- It also prevents hair from protein loss as it penetrates deep into hair and locks the protein.
- Helpful to removing dandruff and promoting the growth of hair.
- Keeping hair from dehydration.
- Heat the coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil to your hair with the help of fingertips.
- Massage gently into your scalp.
- Comb your hair so that each strand is coated with oil.
- Sit for an hour before taking bath.
- Rinse with mild shampoo and hair condition.
2. Olive Oil Massage
- Rich in antioxidants and keeps the scalp and hair from damage.
- Helpful to blood circulation.
- Nourishing hair with important nutrients which are essential for proper growth of hair.
- It also penetrates deep into the hair, prevent hair from narrowing by controlling the hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DTH). The production of DTH weakens the hair follicles and there for hair loss occur.
- Contain a high level of omega-6 fatty acids which not only act as a conditioner but also nourish hair and prevent hair from breakage.
- Also, contain antifungal and antibacterial agents.
- Also rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids that not only eliminate hair loss but also initiate hair growth.
- Heat the olive oil for 20 seconds or until it get warm.
- Massage the oil into your scalp with fingertips for 20 minutes.
- when you are done with massage, leave the oil for at least 30 minutes on your hair.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Use mild shampoo for washing hair.
3. Castor Oil
- Enrich with vitamin E and important amino acid specifically Omega 6 and 9, minerals, a protein which is an essential element for the scalp and follicles.
- Also, have an antibacterial and antifungal activity which prevents the scalp from infections.
- In pure form it is vicious, try to dilute it with other oil like almond, coconut oil, or olive oil.
- Take few drops of castor oil on your palm.
- Massage thoroughly into your scalp and hair with the help of fingertips.
- Leave it for 45 minutes or 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- If you want to get rid of hair fall fast quickly try to massage your hair 2,3 times per week.
4. Almond Oil Massage
- The most nutritious oil which is rich in Vitamins E, D, iron, magnesium, calcium and fatty acids such as Omega-6, Omega-3, and Omega-9 fatty acids.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It repairs the damage which is caused by heat such as using blow dryers, curling rods and straightening irons.
- It also helps in treating chemically treated hair. This helps minimize hair loss from breakage.
- Improve Blood circulation of the scalp.
- Scalp health is important for proper growth of hair it can restore scalp health and healthy hair growth.
- Take few drops of almond oil.
- Start massaging your hair and scalp with almond oil for at least 10 minutes.
- Leave it for 1 hour.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo after 1 hour.
- Repeat this twice week for good result and get rid of hair fall fast.
5. Peppermint Oil
- Peppermint oil improves the growth of hair follicles in a natural way.
- Improve blood circulation.
- In a small bowl add 3 drops of peppermint oil to 1 tablespoon of other oil such as coconut oil.
- Rub gently into the scalp.
- Leave for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- You can also add peppermint oil in your shampoo and conditioner.
6. Lavender Oil Massage
- Lavender Oil with its awesome fragrance is effective for preventing hair fall because it is rich in antioxidant nutrients.
- Protects the scalp from infection because it also contains antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- It also treats dandruff, itching, and controls hair breakage.
- This oil moisturizes your scalp and balances sebum production.
- Also, heal minor injuries on the scalp which were caused by scratching.
- This oil is also used to treat alopecia areata.
- Massage your skin with few drops of lavender oil gently.
- After massaging comb your hair so that each and every strand of hair gets covered with oil.
- Sit it on hair for 1 hour.
- Rinse it off with clean water and mild shampoo.
7. Rosemary Oil Massage to Get Rid of Hair Fall Fast
- Strong minty and woody fragrance.
- Best oil for treating hair loss.
- Also used for acute alopecia condition.
- Stimulates hair follicles and blood circulation in the scalp.
- Rich in antioxidants that prevent hair from thinning and graying.
- Also, control dandruff which is the main cause of hair loss.
- Reduce sebum glands production.
- Also used with Jojoba oil, grapeseed oil as well almond oil.
- Mix few drops of rosemary oil with one of any other carrier oils properly.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture.
- Leave it for an hour.
- Rinse it off after an hour with a mild shampoo.
- Use this oil daily or weekly for proper growth and get rid of hair loss.
8. Geranium Oil Massage
- Generally, this oil works on sebaceous glands. It helps in regulation of sebum secretions.
- Has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties which repair damaged hair.
- Strengthen hair follicles and hair strands.
- Enhance the growth of new hair cells.
- This oil also decreases anxiety, stress, and insomnia, which is the main reason for hair loss.
- Also use in combination with other essential oils like jojoba, almond or coconut oil.
- Add 4-5 drops of Geranium oil to few drops of other oil.
- Mix well.
Apply this oil to your hair and massage gently.
- Leave this mixture in your hair for at least half an hour.
- Rinse this oil out of your hair by using light shampoo.
9. Neem (Indian Lilac)
- Increase the blood circulation of scalp and enhance the growth of new hair.
- Has antimicrobial, insecticidal and anti-inflammatory property.
- Control Dandruff and itchiness of the scalp.
- Take some fresh neem leaves.
- Grind them with the help of mortar and pistil.
- Apply this paste thoroughly to your hair and scalp.
- Let it sit for 1 or 2 hours.
- Wash it with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this method once a week for a better result to get rid of hair loss naturally and fast.
10. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Contains important fatty acids, which are essential for the strengthening of hair follicles.
- Increase blood circulation.
- Improves scalp health by removing oil and dirt.
- Rich in vitamin c which helps in reduction of hair breakage.
- Contain a high level of anti-oxidants.
- In a small pan add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 2 tbsp of amla powder.
- Heat this mixture until it changes its color to brown.
- Then turn off the heat.
- Leave the mixture until it cools down.
- After cooling 2 layers will be formed, the oil layer and second powder will be settled down.
- Collect oil in another bowl.
- Apply this warm oil to your hair and scalp.
- Massage gently with fingertips.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes with the oil on your hair.
- Wash the oil with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this method twice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
- Henna, popularly known as Mehandi is a hair coloring
- Reduces hair fall and split ends.
- Mostly it protects hair from sun rays and dust.
- Because of nutritional ingredients, it makes your hair strong, thick, long, shiny.
- Repair hair which is damaged and unhealthy hair and retains the acid-alkaline balance of your scalp
- It also protects the hair strands by constructing a protective layer.
- It is the ideal method to color your hair without any toxins, ammonia, and chemicals.
- It also controls dandruff and different scalp infections.
- Soak henna in black coffee overnight
- Next morning add few drops of lemon juice, 1 egg, and 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Mix properly with the help of a spoon.
- Apply this mixture for half an hour before washing hair.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and use mild shampoo for hair wash.
- This method will give you shiny, thick hair instantly!
- In a small pan boil 250 ml of mustard oil.
- Add few leaves of dried henna leaves.
- Boil it until the leaves turn to burn.
- Massage your hair with this oil twice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
12. Curry Leaves
- Curry leaves contain some essential nutrients which are required for proper growth of hair.
- Enrich with antioxidants and amino acids which reducing hair fall and enhance the hair growth.
- Curry leaves give strength to hair follicles and in this way, it protects hair from thinning.
- Also abounding in beta-carotene, proteins and vitamin B6. Beta-carotene restricts hair loss while proteins stop hair from thinning.
- Protect hair from graying.
- Curry leaves can be used to make an effective hair tonic.
- In a blender, blend 2-3 cups of fresh curry leaves by using some water.
- Make a smooth paste.
- Massage your scalp with this paste for at least 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for 1 hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
- You can also add neem leaves and 2-3 cups of yogurt.
13. Lemon Juice
- Lemons are packed with vitamin C which is essential for strong, thick and long.
- Fresh lemon juice restores hair growth and properly nourish the hair follicles.
- The compound present in lemons known as Limonene, give shine to frizzy, rough and dry hair.
- It has an anti-fungal property which controls dandruff causing fungus and also protects the scalp from other infection.
- Cut 2-3 lemons and take out the juice in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup warm water in lemon juice.
- Mix it well.
- Let be sit on for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water.
14. Coriander Juice
- Enrich with Vitamin C, antioxidants as well as essential minerals that are essential for proper hair growth.
- It has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, detoxifier, and disinfectant properties.
- Strengthen hair roots.
- Take fresh coriander leaves.
- Grind them gently.
- Mix this ground coriander leaves with 3-4 tbsp water and make a smooth paste.
- Filter this paste and extract juice.
- Apply this juice to your hair and scalp.
- Before washing, leave it for 1 hour.
- Try this method twice or thrice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
15. Onion Juice
- One of the main cause of hair fall is the absence of sulfur proteins. Methylsulfonylmethane is a source of sulfur, which is present in onions. It helps in keratin formation in hair, which results in healthy hair growth.
- Also, Help fuel in treating alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that presents with patchy hair loss)
- It boosts up blood circulation and nourishes the hair follicles.
- It also has anti-bacterial properties, keeps scalp from infections which lead to hair fall.
- Onion contains an enzyme name as catalase, which is an anti-oxidant that can stop hair from premature graying.
- Grate one onion and extract its juice.
- Now with the help of cotton ball or fingertips apply this juice to your hair and scalp.
- Try to cover all hair strands.
- Leave it on your hair for about 30 minutes.
- Rince well with clean water and sulfate free shampoo.
16. Egg White Mask
- Egg yolk contains fatty acids which help in moisturizing the hair.
- Stop hair breakage.
- Another compound is known as Lecithin (protein) that reduces hair frizz and tangling.
- Rich in vitamin A and E which control sebum production as well as help to get rid of dandruff and protect hair from sun damage.
- In a bowl break two eggs.
- Mix the egg with the fork.
- By using a brush, apply this egg to your scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cool water and mild shampoo.
17. Licorice Root
- Contain different properties which soothe the scalp, keep away scalp from dandruff and scabs.
- It opens pores and enhances hair shaft.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Repair damaged hair.
- Add 1 tbsp of ground licorice root, 1 full cup of milk and 1 Tsp of saffron in a bowl.
- Mix properly.
- Apply this paste before going to bed.
- Next morning wash your hair with clean water.
- Do this procedure twice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
- Beetroot is effective because it is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins which are important for proper hair growth.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Protect scalp from different infections.
- Take fresh beetroot leaves.
- Boil them in water till the volume of the water come down to half.
- Now take out the leaves from boil water.
- Grind them finely.
- Add 1 tbsp of henna in ground leaves and make a paste.
- Apply this to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 3 minutes.
- Rince with clean water.
- Do this procedure thrice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
19. Chinese Hibiscus
- Another name is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis.
- Effective tonic for hair and scalp.
- It has expectorant, antimicrobial, astringent, antipyretic, hypoglycemic, anti-inflammatory, refrigerant, emollient, refrigerant, aphrodisiac and emmenagogue properties.
- It promotes hair growth and control dandruff.
- Heat 10 Chinese hibiscus flowers and 2 cups coconut oil in small pan.
- When flowers become partially burn turn off the heat.
- Strain the mixture.
- Collect the oil in another bowl.
- Apply this oil regularly before going to bed at night.
- Next morning wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Crush 2-3 hibiscus flowers.
- Now add sesame or coconut oil and mix them properly and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- Let it sits for 2 hours.
- Rinse well.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week.
- In a small saucepan take a glass of water and 1 cup hibiscus.
- Boil it.
- Cool and filter the liquid.
- Squeeze one lime in that solution.
- Apply it to your head before bath.
- use mild shampoo for washing.
20. Coconut Milk
- Rich in lauric acid which binds to hair protein and protects hair from breakage.
- Reduce Sebum production.
- Nourish hair follicles.
- Protect hair from environmental impurites.
- Contain antioxidants and different vitamins which boost the hair growth.
- Product scalp from infections because of antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Improves blood circulation.
- Massage your scalp with coconut oil.
- Cover your head with a warm towel.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your head with cold water.
21. Greek Yogurt
- Contain anti-fungal properties that reduce dandruff.
- Give shine to dry and dull hair
- Improves blood circulation.
- In a bowl take 2 tbsp of Greek, 1 tbsp of honey and 1 squeeze lemon juice.
- Mix these ingredients.
- Apply this paste to the scalp and hair roots with hair dye brush.
- Leave it on for 25-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this twice a week.
- Enrich with omega 3 fatty acids. which are essential for hair proper growth.
- Strengthen your hair.
- Contain essential vitamins and minerals which are important for proper hair growth.
- Increase your hair elasticity.
- Take few drops of flaxseed oil in your palm.
- Gently massage your scalp with this oil.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before going to take shower.
23. Methi (Fenugreek)
- Reduce hair fall.
- Enhance hair growth.
- Remove excessive oil from your scalp.
- Treat dry and itchy scalp.
- Control dandruff.
- Gives you shiny, and luscious Hair.
- Protect hair from premature gray.
- Treat damaged hair.
- Act as a hair conditioner.
- Soak overnight 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in water.
- Blend them and make a fine paste in the morning.
- Add 4 tbsp of yogurt and 1 egg white.
- Apply this paste to your hair.
- Leave in for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Take overnight soak fenugreek seeds.
- Grind them and make a paste.
- Massage this paste to your scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for about 40-45 minutes.
- Rinse using cold water.
24. Green Tea
- The main ingredient of green tea is catechins.
- Catechins suppress the production of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), the main reason for hair loss.
- Rich in carotenoids, tocopherols, zinc, ascorbic acid, selenium. These compounds stop hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- It strengthens the hair roots.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which boost the growth of hair.
- Promotes Blood Circulation in the Scalp.
- Enrich with essential vitamins like vitamin B (Panthenol), which is important in getting rid of hair fall.
- Steep some leaves of green tea in the hot water.
- Boil it for some time.
- Turn off the heat.
- Let the solution cool down.
- Massage your scalp with this solution by using fingertips.
- To get rid of hair fall fast repeat this method twice a week.
25. Aleo Vera
- An enzyme present in aloe vera known as Proteolytic repair the dead skin cells on the scalp and enhance the rate of hair growth.
- Act as natural hair conditioner.
- Have antibacterial properties, protect scalp from fungal infection
- Control dandruff.
- Reduces excessive oil from the scalp.
- Nourish hair follicles.
- Balance pH balance of the scalp.
- Extract pulp from fresh aloe vera leaves.
- Rub this pulp in a circular motion into your scalp and hairs.
- Try to use this on already washed hair.
- Leave it on for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water.
- Repeat this method thrice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
- Give strength to hair.
- Contain antifungal, anti microbial properties.
- Major compound Selenium is present in garlic which gives Vitamin E to your hair.
- Selenium prevents hair from breakage.
- Increase blood circulation and provide healthy hair growth.
- Contain a huge amount of copper in it which prevent defective hair growth.
- It also gives calcium to your hair which improves the structural part of your hair
- Crush 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut oil to it and heat this mixture for some time.
- Massage your scalp with this warm mixture.
- You can leave it on for 25- 30 minutes.
- Rinse off.
- Do this twice a week to get rid of hair fall fast.
- Enrich with vitamin, zinc, iron, and niacin.
- Nourish hair follicles.
- Improves the growth of hair.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Peel the skin of washed potato.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Blend these pieces in a blender to get the puree.
- Collect juice.
- Now add 1 Tsp of honey and water into potato juice.
- Mix them well.
- Gently massage your hair with this mixture.
- Let it sits for about half hour.
- Wash off with clean water and mild shampoo.
- To get rid of hair fall fast repeat this method once a week.
28. Honey, Olive Oil, and Cinnamon
- Honey, olive oil and cinnamon mix all ingredients properly to form a hair pack.
- Apply this pack once a week.
- This is perfect anti-hair fall treatment
29. Aloe Vera, Neem, Indian Gooseberry, and Shikakai Hair Mask
- Combine all natural ingredients Aloe Vera, Indian Gooseberry, Shikakai, And Neem Powder in a bowl.
- Make a fine paste.
- Apply this pack twice a week on your hair and scalp to get rid of hair fall fast.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
Our hair is made up of protein, lack of protein cause hair loss. It is important to add protein to your diet. You can use meat, dairy, and a protein shake.
Another essential component of healthy hair. If you want the healthy hair to try to add vitamin A, B, and C in your diet. Vitamin A gives shine to your hair. you can use eggs and carrots in your diet. For Vitamin B it is best to take a supplement containing Vitamin B called a B complex supplement. Citrus fruit like oranges and lemons are enriched with vitamin C.
Iron enhances the circulation in the scalp. Add different food like liver, apricots, and raisins in your diet.
The hair shaft is made up of one-quarter water. Try to drink at least 5-8 cups of water per day to keep your self-hydrated and grow healthy hair.
Drinking alcohol decrease the growth of your hair. Try to eliminate alcoholic beverages from your diet.
Hormones affect the rate of production of your hair. if the level of hormones decreases the hair growth rate will also be decreased. Try to balance the hormones level and for that, you need to consult your doctor.
Smoking cigarettes are also injuries to hair growth. It reduces the blood flow to the scalp and because of this reduction in hair growth occur. Try to stop smoking for proper hair growth and get rid of hair fall fast.
Everything you need to get rid of hair fall fast is here.
If you’ve any question in your mind then feel free to ask!